Monday, October 1, 2012

Try, Try Again

A few weeks ago I promised an awesome post on the joys of making applesauce.  That didn't happen so when today turned into a fun filled apple pie filling making day I figured that was pretty darn close to applesauce and I might as well right a post on the joys of that. 
 Paisley woke up in a super good mood today.  She's been a little under the weather lately so I figured if she was getting back to her normal self I might as well take advantage of it and get back to canning.  I think once I drug her over to the neighbors to pick apples she probably was wondering why she decided to wake up in a good mood.
Huntley is my little peeler, corer, slicer pro.  She loves that job and could sit there all day turning away.  It makes my job really easy.  I just had to wash apples and fill the jars with what she gave me.  Child labor is the best.
 After we filled our jars we covered them in some yummy, gooey sauce and sealed them up.  Easy Peasy.  This was actually our first time ever making apple pie filling and I got the recipe from my sister in-law.  On the card she wrote that instead of apple pie filling it was actually heaven.  I only tasted a little bite and she nailed it with that description.  I'm actually hoping that tomorrow I'll find one of my jars didn't seal and we'll have to eat it.  Wouldn't that be sad.

No comments: