Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Camping Trip that Wasn't

Last time we went camping we would spend our nights driving down dirt roads looking for animals.  During one of these drives we found the most amazing campsite ever with views that were gorgeous.  We aren't photographers at all but even our crappy picture taking skills can't kill how amazing the view was.
 So when we decided to go camping a few days ago we knew we had to go to this spot.  The weather wasn't the best but we figured the thunderstorms would pass through quickly and from our spot we'd be able to watch different storms happening in two different valleys.  It was going to be the best camping trip ever.  In fact the two hours it lasted were pretty great.
 Chris and Hunt were able to go on a great bike ride, we had fun cutting fire wood, eating dinner in the trailer, and watching the lightning and pouring rain pound on Heber. 
 After dinner we could tell the storm was headed our way so we decided to hurry up and roast marshmallows while we had the chance.  Chris took the majority of the pictures on this camping trip.  I only took the following three.  I took this picture of Chris and the girls building a fire.  Then I noticed there was some pretty crazy lightning going on behind us and how cool would it be if I could get a picture of them building a fire with the lightning in the background.
 On my way I laughed at Izzy and took a picture of her hiding by the trailer, scared of the thunder and lightning.
 Apparently laughing at Izzy was a bad idea and she took out revenge by accompanying me on the walk to get the view of the perfect picture I wanted.  While we were walking a loud crash of thunder scared her and she ran under my legs.  Instead of the picture I had envisioned I got a picture of this:
 The picture doesn't really do it justice but if you look in the bottom that's my knee cap that should actually be more in the middle.  I hate stuff like this and don't know why I took the picture as I was laying on the ground crippled let alone am posting it on the blog but I am.  The next few minutes were a little crazy as I freaked out which led to a chain reaction of Paisley freaking out and Huntley demanding that I look at her eyes while she sang "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" over and over to both of us trying to keep us calm.  Chris had the fun job of popping my knee back in place and loading everything up to go home.  On top of all this of course the storm hit and lasted only for the time it took us to get on the road.
After getting back in the valley the girls got to have a sleepover at my parents while Chris and I had a fun date in the ER.  Not exactly a pleasant date but definitely good for some people watching.  Now the rest of the summer is a mystery to all of us.  Who knows what adventures I'll be posting on the blog.  They'll have to be one-legged ones.

3 comments:

Chantal Marie said...

Ok. The pic of the knee is gross. thanks for that? And yes... I did laugh just a little about the dog taking you out. But then I saw the picture of your messed up knee cap and the laughing stopped very abruptly. This stinks. So sorry. Did you at least get a handicap parking pass? That would lesson the sting I think.

lindseyfrancom said...

OUCH! I love that area, it is one of the most beautiful areas! Sorry it ended not so fun though. Hang in there and get well.

Kira Dee said...

Dang! That stinks! I hope you find lots of one-legged adventures. :)