Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Feelin the Love

Back in the day, when we used to have cable, I would spend my days watching HGTV and to be honest a whole lot of trashy TV, hello Kardashians.  Anyways, when we got ready to put our house on the market I remembered my HGTV days and all the house selling shows I used to watch and knew I needed to unpersonalize (not a word but you know what I mean) our house.  Luckily that was in the fall so down came all of the pictures and up went our autumn decorations.  Time passed and we still owned the house but December was easy peasy since we could just decorate for Christmas.  Now January came along and I was stuck.  I didn't have any decorations besides our regular family stuff and according to HGTV that's a big no no.  

I figured we were close enough to Valentines we'd just decorate for that but problem number 1: I have no valentine decorations and problem number 2: we are putting the smack down on our debt from last year so I had no budget.  I was commiserating this problem with Hunt (Chris is probably glad he's gone at times such as these) and the girl is a genius.  She promptly replied "Let's make something" and then began waving her arms and going off about paper, glue, and cutting. 
 A few hours later we created this for our front room.

I love it! 


And apparently I'm not the only one because we are under contract again and set to close the end of this month!  Cross your fingers for us that this time it works out.

3 comments:

Chantal Marie said...

Please bless it sales this time! We had ours under contract to rent and the day they were supposed to move in they backed out. SO annoying.
P.S. Im super duper impressed with your craftiness. and maybe slightly jealous. Its super cute.
P.S.S. where/when are you moving?

Aubrey Smith said...

First I LOVE your decorations. You gals are so creative and crafty.

Second I have mixed feelings about your house closing. I am praying for you that it does. However I don't want you so far away!

Let's get together ASAP for a girl's night or a play date.

Jesse and Julie said...

Your house is SO cute! I remember missing our first home so much after we moved. I hope everything goes well... Good Luck!!