Thursday, June 26, 2014

Penny

A couple weeks ago I was sitting around one night and enjoying the view and kind of feeling guilty that I had all this space for a horse and lots of lush green grass for a horse to eat but didn't even own a horse and it was all just going to waste.  So I figured I'd put an ad on craigslist and see if anyone wanted to rent our pastures.  Within a few hours I got a call (I think I must have put it on for way too cheap) but now we have a view with horses and Hunt has a new best friend.  Meet Penny.
We really did get pretty luck though and have made great friends with the couple that are renting the land.  They are fine with us using the horses and since all of their grandkids live across the country and my kids grandparents live far away it's been awesome.  Every night I look forward to my free hour while the girls go out and help Scott water the horses, give them treats, and go for a little ride.  
 The most surprising part to me has been how brave the girls are.  Once the ducks and chickens grew past the size of being able to fit in your hand the girls immediately got scared of them and freak out when the ducks come with in a hundred feet of them.  I figured they be pretty timid around the horses but they had no fear at all.  I think if I let her Hunt would spend the entire day petting, walking, and talking with Penny.  She is in love.  When she's not outside she's drawing pictures and writing Penny over and over again.
 Chris has been begging me for horses ever since we put an offer in on the house and I've always responded with "someday" while really thinking "never." but now I'm changing my mind and hopefully someday soon we can get our very own horses.  But for now having someone pay me and entertain my kids is definitely the way to go.

1 comment:

Kira Dee said...

This is so brilliant! How do I get someone to entertain my kids and pay me?! ;)