Sunday, April 17, 2016

2016-15.1

Longest. Post. Ever.
 
Not really.  I started uploading pictures from the last week and we have 5 million so I've decided to do this in three parts.
 
Last Friday our wildest dreams came true and we headed south for DISNEYLAND!!! Okay, let's just get this out of the way.  My wildest dreams came true and as Chris kept pointing out, the whole trip was about me and making me happy, but at least he's a good sport.  And hopefully the rest of them had fun too.  Besides Pais.  Silly, silly little Paisley, but we'll get to that later on.
 
 After 16 hours in the car we finally arrived at our hotel.  It had bunk beds for the girls, which they loved.  And a pool, which they also loved.  If we would have just stayed their the entire time it would have made their day and probably been a much better experience for Pais.
 Instead Disney was calling my name and luckily for us our kids are on MST time get up super early to get to the bus time and we were wide awake and ready to go first thing in the morning.  First stop, the castle.  For weeks I've been quizzed constantly about who lives at Disneyland and what do they live in.  I think the girls were a little disappointed by the castle but luckily we were able to distract them by saying "let's go on a ride."
We moved over to the other side of the castle, saw Pinochio had no lines and hopped right on. Bad judgement call on our part.  Pais cried the entire thing.  The picture below is not the actual ride but is a good depiction of things to come.  She looked like this on 99% of the rides.


 The only ride she would actually go on willingly was the carousel.  And even then she had to be holding on to one of us at all times or even better we sat in the handicapped seat. 
 
 
After the carousel Chris got the unfortunate job of keeping Mav entertained while we rode Dumbo.  Not that it was hard.  A duck pretty much took over entertaining him.
And when the duck flew off Chris stuck him in a teacup. 
 
 Notice the death grip :)
 
Next came the part I was jumping up and down for like a little girl. Chris got to entertain Mav again while I surprised the girls with makeovers at Anna and Elsa's boutique. 
 
Huntley looks like she's in pain but said she loved it.  Paisley spent the entire time asking when she could go to the toy store.  But the whole experience was the highlight of my trip and I don't regret it one bit.    
 
 
 
 After the makeovers we went back to the park to hit up more rides but after dealing with Paisley's tears and 70 degree weather we decided to take a break and let Mav take an actual nap at the hotel room.  I loved staying with in walking distance and will never stay somewhere far again and have to deal with shuttles.
 Two sisters so excited to head back to Disneyland!
 We hit up the teacups, Hunt's favorite from last time but not so much anymore, it wasn't fast enough. The kids nuts and made me ride stuff I hate.  I'm now taking applications for someone to come with us and be Huntley's ride buddy. 
 Paisley actually said she really liked it too and didn't cry but then during the next two days she refused to ride them and cried whenever we mentioned it.
 
 We explored Pixie Hollow and then rode the ride of all rides, Pirates!!!
As soon as we hit the hills, much to the entertainment of our fellow boatmates Pais began screaming to let her off and didn't stop until we actually got off.  One week later when you ask her how Disneyland was she responds "I hate Pirates." 
Stay tuned tomorrow for 50 million more selfies of us riding rides!
Bring snacks.
 

1 comment:

Chantal Marie said...

I would definitely like to submit an application to be Huntley's ride partner.... assuming you will pay for all of my travel/ park expenses.