Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Not really, I'd much rather still be on vacation but since that isn't an option I'll just deal with looking at pictures and wishing I wasn't home.  Feel free to join me.

I'm missing my morning walks.  Monterey is like a mecca for morning walks.  The weather is perfect.  The views are perfect.  The company is perfect.  Walking at sea level is perfect.  It's amazing how much harder you can work out at sea level.
I'm really missing April.  She always takes over my kids and lets me have a nice break.  I love it.  The kids love it.  I hope April loves it.  I really wish we lived closer so we could see her more often.
  Pais is really missing Nini's kitchen.  At any given time you could find her pulling everything out of the bread drawer.  It was her favorite area of the house.
While we are in California Huntley likes to take things easy and is always relaxing.  Her wardrobe matches that fact.
We went to Big Sur for the morning and were planning on going for a hike through the Redwoods.  We made it walking through a redwood before Huntley decided that hiking was a little too much work for her.
You can tell that even flowers couldn't convince her to continue on down the trail.
Too bad her and Pais couldn't switch places.  Paisley was more than happy about exploring Big Sur and the stains in the knees of her pants prove it.
During our trip Paisley figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.  Unfortunately she can't speak to let us know so it will still remain a mystery.
I'm really missing seeing family all of the time.  Dinner with Auntie Viv & Gin, breakfasts with Poppy, I wish they could be a regular occurence instead of just a twice a year thing.

Of course we couldn't leave Nini's house without a picture of Huntley and Molly.  BFF's forever!
Our whole trip wasn't just a vacation.  Chris brought home some bacon, literally.  The pictures of this were a little disturbing so I figured I'd post a picture of the view from his pig hunting location.  No Wilbur will not be getting a friend.
 
Like all good things, our vacation did come to an end.  Chris and I spent quality time driving through Nevada during the middle of the night.  The girlies slept the whole time yet when we got home this was how they acted for the next few hours.  You would think they were the ones driving through the middle of the night. 
Until next time Monterey.  Hopefully sooner rather than later!

No comments: