Sunday, June 8, 2014

Swimsuit Season

Yesterday the girls wanted to break out the new pool we bought when we went to town.  I told them it was only 57 degrees and that it was a little too cold to go swimming but after much persuasion I finally just filled it up and figured they would learn the hard way it wasn't quite warm enough for swimming.  
They actually surprised me and lasted a good half hour before declaring one towel wasn't enough because they were freezing.  Even then I couldn't convince them to come inside and get warm clothes on. They spent the majority of the day running around in their swimsuits.
 Pais did get a little cold and ran inside for awhile to warm up.  She came back out wearing her snow boots which must just make you feel warm all over.
After a few hours I finally convinced them to go inside for a bath and to put real clothes on.  Later that night we had to go back out so I could water the garden.  I was busy giving my raspberry starts their daily pep talk to survive when I turned around and found the girls back in the pool, clothes and all.
I guess that's what I get for not emptying it when we were done!

1 comment:

Aubrey Smith said...

LOL, I love it! They remind me of my boys. Cash would still want to get in the pool if it was snowing outside.
Hoping your pep talk works on your raspberries, because raspberries are delicious.