Monday, August 4, 2014

Celebrations

Chris got a new job!  He's still doing the oil rig thing but with the new job he's home twice as much as before.  Which leads to a whole lot more daddy daughter time and maybe now I'll actually get a date in here and there.
 Before he started the new job he got a few extra days at home and we wanted to do something extra fun to celebrate.  We're only an hour away from Yellowstone so we decided with all of our new family time we might as well buy an annual pass.
 The girls finally got to see Old Faithful blow and try and gave their mother a heart attack while looking at the view of the grand canyon.
 We even saw a grizzly bear.  Pretty cool but made even better by the fact I convinced Chris to park and stand on the side of the road with all the other tourists watching it.  The lady in the pink hat had been waiting for half an hour to get the "perfect" picture that she would be willing to sale to us online shop if she wasn't too old school to get an online shop.  Forget animals.  I think all future trips to Yellowstone will be used to document all the lovely people I meet.

 This trip was also a celebration in the fact it was the first day I've been able to leave the house in a few months without getting stuck in the bathroom the rest of the night.  Hooray for baby number three joining our family in January.  (Seriously though, this pic is only at 12 weeks, third babies do not mess around!)

2 comments:

Grandma Doni said...

I can't wait to hear the story about giving you a heart attack. You all look happy!

Chantal Marie said...

so maybe I should read your posts in order. Again.. Congrats! And its true, its like your body just figures its gonna be majorly messed up by the end of the 9 months anyway... may as well just expand now and let the baby have its space.