Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little Lady

Huntley has many loves. She can be outside all day looking for worms and then come inside clean up and have to fix her manicure. She hates leaving the house without her makeup. I have no idea where she got that habit because I rarely wear it. Her little traits and personality that make her unique have been so fun to watch develop.

Next month is birthday month at our house. I average every other year in actually succeeding with pulling off a good birthday and this year is a good year. I asked Huntley what kind of cake she wanted, crossing my fingers for something cool like a turkey. She said a princess.

Boring. Cliche. Such a 3 year old girl thing to say.

I've been doing my best to suggest other things but no go, she wants a princess. Last week I had a pure stroke of genius. She wants to have a party at my moms and roast marshmallows. So why not do a whole camping theme. I told her my idea and she was game on one condition. The cake had to have a camping princess and the tent has to he pink. I think I can work with that.

No comments: