Thursday, August 16, 2012

Millions of Peaches

Growing up there are three things I associate with summer.

1. My moms homeschool
2. Camping until softball/baseball schedules took over.
3. Canning

I swear we slaved away in that dang garden all summer long. We had to help or else we didn't get to eat. Although I wonder if I refused to help if my mom really would have made me starve. Anyways now that I'm grown up and a responsible adult I figured it's about time I start dusting off my canning skills.

A friend of mine had access to a peach orchard and I was able to pick as many peaches as I wanted for free. I filled up three diaper boxes and was quite excited to fill up our shelves with glorious peaches. Well not much has changed since I was a kid and I still hate canning. Huntley and I plowed our way through one cooker full and then I got overwhelmed by the amount of peaches I still have left and started pawning them off to people. I still have one box left so hopefully I can have a change of heart over night.

No comments: