The past week with Chris was nice but there was always that little voice in the back of my head reminding me that we still had 9 weeks left to go of the season. It was even louder for Chris reminding him that not only did he have nine weeks left but nine weeks left as a hot shot. Definitely a little more hard core than an engine. The majority of our time was spent hiking but since we all love the mountains it was a small sacrifice to make.
The majority of our hikes were finding random trails up AF Canyon and discovering were they went. Or at least how far we could go before Hunt started complaining that her butt hurt. She is way to big for the backpack but I figured if Chris could handle packing her around then his fire gear would be like a walk in the park. We found a lot of great meadows to have picnics in and it made me want to spend more time discovering everything I haven't seen in my own backyard.
Since we were out seeing things we'd never seen before Chris and I went on a really long and much needed date to hike Timp. I'm not a big fan of the top but the flowers, animals, and views on the way up were awesome. I'm hooked and plan on making it a yearly tradition.
Last but not least we finally hiked the Grotto in Payson Canyon. We actually got lost and went on two hikes up Payson Canyon, hence one of the pictures below of Chris trying to get enough Internet service on his phone to get directions. When we finally did find the right trail all the hype I'd heard about this hike was 100% true and it was the best hike for kids. Huntley loved walking across all the log bridges and the destination itself was gorgeous. It was a little crowded though and I'd love to go back when we could have it all to ourselves. The only negative side of this hike is it is too far of a drive or I'd probably take the girls there on a weekly basis.
Now that Chris is back on call hopefully all of our hard work paid off and he is able to keep up. As for the girls and I we will be taking a few days off!







No comments:
Post a Comment