Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful: day 16

I'm thankful for good friends. When you say the word friends I typically think of childhood. I grew up in an awesome neighborhood where we were all friends. We'd spend the summers playing night games and winters sledding. Some of my favorite memories are when my mom was gone and we'd have the neighborhood over to play crazy games my mom would have never let us play. I also had my "crew" I hung out with all through jr high and high school. I don't think it's very common to keep the same best friends through all those years but we were always together and those 5 girls are still my favorite people in the world even though we only see each other every few years. Now that I'm grown I also have some pretty great friends. They help me out with my kids and listen and give me good advice when I need it. It's funny that when you are a grown up you don't have to ask for permission to play with your friends but instead use your kids as an excuse to play. I'm glad I have friends in my life!

1 comment: