Saturday, November 19, 2011
Thankful: day 18
Throughout the history of this blog you've all seen that Chris has many different hobbies, archery, trapping, fishing, and now hound dogs. As you can imagine he spends a small fortune on them but the good thing is he is constantly selling things from one hobby to support other hobbies so he never really spends any of our actual money we live on. As for me, I like to read but the library supports that hobby so it's pretty darn cheap. I'd say free but during huntley's rest time a few of her library books met a tub of vasoline and the librarians weren't too fond of that. My other hobby would be scrapbooking and doing crafty stuff but you can imagine that with working full time and raising a family I don't get much time to devote to that so it's more of a hobby about me starting a project and never finishing it. I also am the complete opposite of Chris and spend as little as possible on things I want. We both budget our money but maybe since I'm the one who actually pushes send on the bills it's harder to spend money when I think about the fact I just spent a whole lot of it paying the mortgage. I'm thankful that I think like this because it allows us to live within our means and keeps us out of debt. I'm also thankful Chris recognizes that and occasionally spends his constant flow of hobby money on me. Ever since the new silhouette cameo came out I've spent a lot of time trying to win one online, picking up pennies off the ground, and searching peoples couch cushions when they weren't looking. Yes mom I may have given Huntley the idea of jumping on the cushions so I could look for change and I only found 25 cents in your couch, lame. Anyways Chris took care of me and sold a snowmobile and bought me my very much coveted little toy. I may have had to compromise and ended up with another dog in the process but I have my very own toy to make whatever I can imagine with and I am so so so excited! Hopefully my babies cooperate and today will be my early Christmas and I can craft to my hearts content and make Christmas gifts while I'm at it. Thank You Chris!!! I love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cool! What a good guy! And I love that you went through your mom's couch. Awesome. :)
Awesome! What a thoughtful husband.
Post a Comment