Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful: day 7

I am thankful for moms. I have the best mom and mother in law ever.

Even though I'm grown with a family of my own my mom still takes care of me. She babysits Huntley, feeds us lots of meals, is the brains behind everything I do for YW's, and never complains about giving me advice even when I call for simple things. I love that my mom is consistent and her answer is always going to be "did you pray about it?". A lot of the time I definitely need that reminder.

Linda lives far away but I still couldn't get through life without her. She e-mails me all day long which really helps work go by a lot faster. During the summer her constant phone calls helped me out a lot emotionally and gave me the strength to keep on pushing. She's also extremely lucky and the two times she visited this summer where the only weeks Chris wasn't on a fire. I'm glad she came not only because she takes care of everything while she is here but it was really nice to actually see Chris for longer than two days. Wildfires must know not to mess with a boy and his mommy!

No comments: