Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful: day 14

I'm thankful for tender mercies and the evidence of my heavenly father in my life. Today was one of those no good horrible very bad days and I was having a hard time figuring out what to do to make it better. Of course my husband and mom knew the answer but sometimes actually doing what you know needs to be done and doing what needs to be done is hard and I didn't feel I had the courage to do what needed to be done. As I was sitting and stewing over my problem I decided to try and read a book my mom had given me a few days ago. The book recapped a talk given during a past general conference by Elder Bednar about the tender mercies of the lord. Our father in heaven knows us and what we are going through and allows us to have experiences in order to feel his love. The world may call these coincidences but as I look back on my life I've had too many coincidences that have given me proof that things happen for a reason and there is a higher power that has a hand in our life. As I thought about this I immediately began to feel better and have more peace about what I needed to do. To top things off as I began to read on the book shared an experience of a woman who had to make the same decision as I do and her positive outcome. I'm not expecting my situation to work out the same as hers but I do know that the outcome will be the ideal outcome for me and that I have no need to fear. I'm thankful that even though I can have bad days my Heavenly Father is always there for me and can provide me with the comfort I need.

No comments: