Thursday, July 19, 2012

Early Early Mornings

Paisley is the perfect baby.  I'm constantly getting comments on her blue eyes and smiley face and people wonder if she ever cries.  Rarely, very rarely.  Huntley was not like this at all and since she was my first child and I didn't know any better it didn't really bother me.  If I would have had her second I think I would have went crazy.  She is my drama queen and I wouldn't have it any other way but she is loud.  Back to Paisley.  This is a story about her and her one non perfect moment.
The key to Paisley's perfectness is her pacifier.  She loves her binky and as long as she has that everything is right in the world.  The negative side about the binky is one minute I can see 10 of them from any given place in the house but the next I can't find one to save my life.  Tuesday night was one of those nights.  I put Pais in bed with her pacifier and she went to sleep like normal.  Around 2 she woke up and I went to see what was going on and couldn't find her binky anywhere.  I then spent the next hour with a screaming Paisley searching the house for a binky but not finding anything.  I was able to get her back to sleep by feeding her but it only lasted until about 5:30.  The screaming woke Hunt up around 6:30 and she looked at me and told me we needed to do something about this noise.

I loaded both the girls in the stroller and ran over to Target.  Unfortunately Target doesn't open until 8 and not wanting to go home and wait until then with a screaming child we decided to wait it out at Paradise Bakery.  Huntley picked out a cinnamon roll and in order to keep Paisley from screaming I broke my no sugar until you are one rule and gave her a piece.  She then devoured half of the cinnamon roll all on her very own and Huntley did the other half giving me a small taste and it was heaven.
 We left Paradise very happy, went to Target, bought our binkies, and came home ready to survive the day.  The best part was later that night I was telling my neighbor the whole story and Huntley pulls out a pile of pacifiers she'd been hiding in her step stool.  It sure would have been nice if she'd given them to me when she was complaining about Paisley's noise earlier that morning. 


No comments: