Green with envy is how I feel towards the ladies at the pool who lounge in their chair and read a book while their kids swim. Don't get me wrong, taking my girls to the pool and splishing and splashing with them is one of my favorite thing to do but the readaholic in me is dieing to have summer days of reading time and not having to do anything else.
Last night I took my YW to the pool and thought it would be a preview of what I had to look forward to. Boy was I wrong. It was more work than taking my kids and I didn't even swim. Are those lounging book reading ladies just a figment of my imagination because if my girls are like my YW girls there is no way I'll ever get to read a book.
Luckily today I figured out how to make it happen. I was babysitting the neighbor girls and not really feeling up to cleaning up messes inside. I figured my options were watch a movie and still risk a mess or play outside. I chose the latter and decided to fill up our pool. After getting them all sunscreened and situated I sat back to referee and was bored stiff. They all played together nicely and I was able to sit and read. From now on forget the public pool the 2 inches of water in the kiddie pool is totally working for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment