I've been anxiously awaiting the chance to steal this post idea from Aubrey and I've finally been able to. Our past 24 hours have been F filled. Don't worry this post will remain G rated, mainly containing good F words.
First of all we spent yesterday celebrating the Fourth of July and the Freedom we have. We live in the greatest country in the world and are extremely thankful to those who keep it that way.
In true Phillips fashion we started the celebrations by going Fishing. Hunt caught a little bass right off the bat and Russell ended the trip by catching a big rainbow. Other than that we threw lots of rocks in the lake.
Since we went fishing that morning we had to have a Fish Fry at Grandpa Phillips's house. There was a whole lot of good Food to be had!
Afterwards we watched the Fireworks for a little while. Hunt was torn between loving them and thinking they were out to get her. Pais was crashed out on the floor and had no reaction.
Driving home the girls crashed before we left the driveway so I decided I'd go watch the Fire since that's a whole lot more fun than fireworks. It was weird to see the firefighters at the base camp. One in particular caught my attention. He was off to the side talking on a cell phone and looked like all he really wanted to do was crawl in his sleeping bag under the blaring lights and die. Normally I'm the person on the other side of that phone call telling my hubby the mundane details of our day. Now that I've seen what he probably looks like and is enduring while I talk about nothing in particular and he actually sounds interested I really appreciate him so much more.
Four'o'clock that morning Hunt woke me up to let me know she had spit all over her bed. I assumed she wet the
bed but she kept saying "no pee, spit!!!". I couldn't figure it out so I told her to sleep in my bed and rolled over immediately falling back to sleep. At six I found out what spitting all over the bed means when she did the same thing to my bed. Which brings us to our last and worst F word, the Flu. Other than having to clean up after Hunt it has actually been kind of nice to have a do nothing but lay around day. As long as the flu stays only with her and is gone tomorrow.




No comments:
Post a Comment