I feel like sometimes I have two separate people living in my body. There is normal sane Jessica who usually runs the show and keeps things going quite well. Then there is crazy Jessica who is a tad bit annoying and likes to mess with normal Jessica and make her extremely emotional. Unfortunately crazy Jessica was rearing her ugly head and as much as normal Jessica kept trying to fight her the only thing that would happen was a rollercoaster of mood swings. Crazy Jessica is still there and fighting for control so I'm writing a list of all the good things that has happened in the past 24 hours. There is a lot. I think Heavenly Father must have known I needed some extra love today.
- My morning walk; good friends, no kids, cool weather, and I totally rocked the socks off my sprints.
- My favorite young women coming over to hang out and then agreeing to help me when I got the urge to start remodeling my kitchen. (That must have been crazy Jessica in control.)
- My neighbor coming over and helping with the mess that is now the kitchen and actually agreeing to come back again tomorrow to help me. She is the bomb!
- My mom taking me to lunch and for an awesome excursion to the dollar store. I go there about once a week and it is hit and miss and today they had everything I wanted.
- Spending an hour at young women's with the best girls ever. How can I not be in a good mood when I'm with such bubbly people.
- Texts from my little brother who I adore and wish/need to talk to more.
- Finally getting my car wreck resolved and being able to move on from that really not fun ordeal.
- My Bishop stopping by to check on me and make sure I was doing okay. (other than my house is a war zone due to the kitchen leading to my most embarrassing moment ever.)
- Phone calls with the best mother-in-law in the whole world who may not live nearby but always listens whenever I need someone to talk too.
- Huntley telling me she loved me 5 million times and not causing any havoc today.
- Paisley for being so chill and taking a good nap so I could shower.
- Fresh Brigham City peaches for dinner. Thank you Dad for going all over the state for your calling and bringing home treats for the rest of us.
- Getting my utility bill and it seeing it went down from last month.
- My husband for talking to me and texting me more than normal. The hardest part of fire is the lack of communication during the season. Chris tries really hard to call and and be involved in our everyday life but I'm sure it's not easy for him. I can't imagine doing what he does for 16 hours a day 14 days in a row and then trying to still be a dad and husband via phone, it's got to stink. For the most part phone calls are short and I'm usually okay with sharing him with fire for 6 months out of the year but when crazy Jessica is around it's hard. Luckily tonight's phone time was more than normal and I really really really appreciated him losing sleep to keep me sane.
I'm sure there is a lot more than this but these are the things that really stood out to me and I need to remember. I also read the following quote from Carl B. Cook in a talk titled "It is Better to Look Up":
"Experience has taught me that if we exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened, and our lives will be filled with peace and joy. We will come to realize that most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance-and if it is, the Lord will help us. But we must have the courage to follow his direction."
So from now on, no more looking down but I'll keep my eyes up and have faith. I am loved, most importantly by a Heavenly Father and he will always take care of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment